As it is the end of the year, and almost 2015 (how did that happen? 1999 was just a few years ago, right?), it’s time to revisit my goals I made last year at this time. So here they were:
- Edit NaNo 2012 by November (write sequel for NaNo)
- Edit NaNo 2013
- Submit (1) novel to publishers
- Read 10 books
- Post 3 blog entries per month
Looking at those goals, I can say I only accomplished the last two. This blog marks the 36th blog this year, and I managed to read 15 books this year, which is better than I expected. Writing-wise, I edited two short stories for a publisher, but that’s about it. I only wrote one new novel this year (NaNo) and did no editing at all on years ‘12 and ‘13.
Let’s talk about what I DID get done because, after all, that’s more important than what I didn’t do.: Got a new job. Yes, after many years of flitting around, I got a new full-time job with benefits and all. Of course, that cuts into the writing time quite a bit, but I’ll take a salary over a few hours. That was my biggest accomplishment of 2014, so let’s move on to 2015 and what I hope to accomplish over the next 12 months.
- Edit NaNo 2012 & 2013 & 2014 – yes, I’m going to try to do it all. Okay, or at least one.
- Write 3 blogs entries per month – I’ve thought about upping this to 4 per month, but thinking up that many topics is hard enough
- Read 15 books – yes, we’re making it higher!
- Write 1 new novel
That’s about all I can think of at the moment. I know it doesn’t seem any different than previous years, but the point is to actually get some of it done rather than letting it sit and stew.
How’d you do on your resolutions? I hope better than me. Good luck and I’ll see you all in 2015.